This 4-day course is being taught starting Monday, March 28th (see the Schedule for all dates and times).
This basic, but fast-paced, introduction to the Internet covers the basic skills you need to:
- Browse (surf) the Internet using Internet Explorer (IE)
- Use the Internet safely
- Bookmark and organize pages of interest
- Understand Internet addresses (URLs)
- Understand search engines and effective search queries
- Select and use “cloud” storage
- Use the Internet for shopping, entertainment and learning
- Learn about social media
We are just going to touch on the basics of these topics. Many require installing software and/or signing up for online accounts, which you may not want and which is time-consuming in class. Also, there are separate courses for many of these topics.
This course will concentrate purely on using a Windows PC but the workbook has many examples for mobile devices. Because there are a variety of mobile devices and some students do not have a mobile device, the course has been shortened from 6 sessions down to 4.